2010 NFL Mock Draft
My first round NFL Mock Draft:
1. St. Louis Rams: Dez Bryant, WR, Ok State
This is a team desperately in need of an offensive playmaker. Bryant is one of the best. I know this one sounds crazy, but it might be crazy enough to work.
2. Detroit Lions: Eric Berry, S, UT
The Lions could use a second playmaker next to Louis Delmas.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Russell Okung, OT, Ok State
Freeman is their QB of the future. They need to protect Freeman.
4. Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
After trying to trade for Jay Cutler, Synder wants a new franchise quarterback. Jason Campbell isn’t cutting it.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Best player in the draft. The Chiefs need a playmaker, and Suh provides them with that.
6. Seattle Seahawks: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
New coach, new quarterback. Hasselbeck is getting up there in age. Plus they have another pick in the first round to address other needs.
7. Cleveland Browns: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
This is a team built to run the ball, but they don’t have a running back. Don’t be fooled by Jerome Harrison’s late season surge. He’s better suited as the second back in a two back system.
8. Oakland Raiders: Gerald McCoy, DT, OU
*Insert Al Davis joke here* Seriously, the Raiders spend a lot of money on their tackles, but get little production. Look for one of the overpaid starters to get cut.
9. Buffalo Bills: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
Trading away Jason Peters doesn’t look so good now does it?
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
In need of an impact player on defense.
11. Denver Broncos (Chicago): Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Oh, what could have been for da Bears…
12. Miami Dolphins: Arrelious Benn, WR, ILL
Too early? Probably. However, I’ve seen Benn play in person a couple of times. This kid is the real deal.
13. San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis, T, Rutgers
Staley is a mainstay on the left side, but this team hasn’t been able to replace Marvel Smith on the right.
14. Seattle Seahawks (Denver): Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
This team only had 28 sacks in 2009.
15. New York Giants: Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Defensive tackle is a need and this a premium position. Look for Reese to take this value pick.
16. Tennessee Titans Everson Griffen, DE, USC
Jevon Kearse is done. This team is going to be looking for their new “Freak”.
17. San Francisco 49ers: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Shaun Hill? Alex Smith? No and No. Tebow fits in well with Mike Singletary’s physical, pound the rock team mentality.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
This team still allows too many sacks. Sure Big Ben is one of the best at avoiding them, but think of what he could do with a line.
19. Atlanta Falcons: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
Desperately need help in the secondary.
20. Houston Texans: Taylor Mays, S, USC
Mays probably made a mistake coming back to school. However, he is the hardest hitter in the draft.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
Every team could use more beef in the middle.
22. New England Patriots: Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU
Aging defense that can’t get to the quarterback consistently. Hughes could help them.
23. Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown, OT, USC
Aaron Rodgers is one of the premier young quarterbacks in the league. Give him a better line, and he could be one the best period.
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Good positional value here. Boom or bust type player.
25. Baltimore Ravens: Damian Williams, WR, USC
In the Ravens’ playoff loss to the Colts, their inept passing attack was exposed. Flacco finally gets another weapon.
26. Arizona Cardinals: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Two great receivers, why not add a great tight end?
27. Dallas Cowboys: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
Allows Ratliff to move to end in their 3-4 scheme.
28. San Diego Chargers: Jahvid Best, RB, CAL
L.T. is done in San Diego. While Sproles is good, he’s not an every down back.
29. New York Jets: Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn State
Another piece for Rex Ryan’s vaulted defense.
30. Minnesota Vikings: Chad Jones, FS, LSU
Madieu Williams is overpaid and under performing.
31. New Orleans Saints: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
Another weapon for their greatly improved defense.
32. Indianapolis Colts: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
Mathis and Freeney can’t stay productive and healthy forever.